Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Chocolate Pops (No Mold Needed!)

Both of my kids have Valentine's Day parties at daycare.  I have to bring in something for the 2 & under crowd and forgot to pick something up for her classroom when I was at the store.  I went digging through the baking cabinet and found some Candy Melts left over from the Cookie Lollipops and the Care Bear Cupcakes, so I decided to wing it and make some White Chocolate Heart Lollipops with what I had.

Time: 20 minutes +
Age: 4+
Mess/Cleanup:  About 10 minutes.  Longer if your toddler spills 2 containers of sprinkles all over the floor.
What You Need:
  • Wax Paper
  • Popsicle Sticks 
  • Candy Melts (or white chocolate chips)
  • Sprinkles
  • Empty ketchup/mustard bottle or a baggie
Why I Like this Craft:  I didn't have to run back to the store to pick up more treats!  These were pretty easy to make and for the little tykes, there's not an awful lot of candy in these pops.  We kept them pretty small.  My 4 year old also loved helping to decorate them.

Step 1:
Melt the Candy Melts in the microwave at 30 second intervals.  Stir in between until smooth.

Step 2:
Transfer melting chocolate to a baggie or a bottle.  If using a baggie, snip off one corner.  For these, I used a baggie.  You have less control over the flow of the chocolate, but the cleanup is easier.

Step 3: 
Make heart shapes on a piece of wax paper.  While chocolate is still warm press the top of a popsicle stick into the heart.

Step 4:
Cover the stick with more chocolate.

Step 5:
Sprinkle on some sprinkles and let cool.

Step 6:
Bag 'em up and you're ready to go!

--Rose @-}---




No comments:

Post a Comment