Time: 15-25 minutes
- Envelope-style photo holder left over from a photo print order (mine was sturdy cardboard and extra wide from Photoworks)
- paper or cardstock to cover the photo holder (or fabric if you have a sturdy photo holder)
- glue or tape
- embelishments that will stick to paper-we used die cuts
- glitter glue (paint brush optional)
- 2 to 3 ft of ribbon or string
|Most of the materials we used (the coveted glitter glue is clutched firmly in her hands)|
|Matching the stripes on the inside|
Trim off the excess paper and tuck a bit inside. Have your kid glue it down.
I recommend tucking a little extra on the inside flap (shown below).
Step 2: Tell your kid for the 10th time in 2 minutes it is still not time to play with the glitter glue.
Step 3: Add some cardstock to the side to make it fancy and cover any remaining part of the photo holder. We used self-adhesive cardstock strips to make it really fast and easy to attach but any paper strip will work just fine.
|Fancy border covers the remaining Photoworks photo holder|
|Cardstock strip on the side to cover the remaining photo holder that was showing-and a random scrap of cardstock on the inside flap that is not part of the finished product.|
|Glue stick time|
|Glitter glue time!!!! She used a paint brush to spread out the huge piles of glitter she glopped on there.|
Step 5: Measure a length of ribbon using your kid as a guide. Leave a little extra to make some knots at the end once it's threaded through the purse.
Step 7: Tie a knot on the inside and add a piece of tape to secure it.
|My kid took this photo.|
|Front of purse|
|Back of purse|
|Valentine embelishments inside|