Saturday, January 8, 2011

Imagination Movers Costume

On Facebook the Imagination Movers have posted this contest to win some VIP tickets to their upcoming concert.  If you do not know of the Imagination Movers, check them out.  It airs on the Disney Channel and is geared towards your preschooler.  I think their music is fanstastic and I always find myself singing or humming one of their tunes.  Here's a little video we created for our entry (my toddler is dressed as Nina):

Making the Mover's costume was pretty easy.  As soon as I heard about the contest, I moved into action.  First, here's what the Imagination Movers look like:

Age: Any age!
Mess/Cleanup: Very easy.  Making the name patch resulted in a few felt scraps.
What You Need:
  • Red Long Sleeve Shirt
  • Blue Short Sleeve Shirt
  • Blue Pants
  • Black Shoes
  • Red Felt
  • Yellow Self-Adhesive Felt
  • Glue
  • Red Plastic Tape (optional)
  • Mover accessories: Red baseball hat (Mover Dave), Cowboy hat (Mover Smitty), Wobble Goggles (Mover Scott) (or red sunglasses) (here's a cool link on how to make them), or Drum sticks (Mover Rich).
Why I like this Craft:
It's great for Halloween or anytime play!  My son wanted to sleep in his costume.  It only takes about 10 minutes to pull together.

Step 1:
Find a red long sleeve shirt

Step 2:
If you have a some blue coveralls, now's the time to pull them out.  But if you're like the rest of us, find a blue short sleeve shirt and pants.  We used my son's Superman pajamas.  I had him wear the shirt backwards.  You could also just turn a shirt inside out if you can't find a plain one. 

Step 3:
Making the name badge was pretty easy.  I cut an oval out of the yellow felt.  I then cut out the letters to my son's name out of the red felt.

Step 4:
My son used the glue to adhere his name letter to the yellow felt.

Step 5:
Stick felt name badge to shirt (this is why I used the self-adhesive felt).  Beware, pending on the type of felt you use it may use some residual on the shirt.

Step 6:If you want to add red stripes to the sleeves and shoes, just use some red tape.  I couldn't find my tape, so I just cut out some red strips of felt and used tape to affix them to my son's shoes.  I realize this is a minor detail - but my son was really excited to do a head-to-toe Mover costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment