Monday, October 10, 2011

Pretty, pretty Pinwheels

A.C. Moore was having a 50% sale on all packages of cardstock.  Little did I know that this sale would start my new affection for pretty paper crafts. Looking for a reason to use my new paper, I figured we would try making some tiny pinwheels.  Mission accomplished.

 

Age:  Any age can play with the finished craft; but scissors skills are needed.
Time:  Only about 5 minutes.
Clean-up:  Some paper scraps.
What You Need:

  • Cardstock.  (I used two-sided cardstock)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil with eraser
  • Stick Pin
  • 1 Bead
What I Like This Craft:  You can make these pinwheels in any size.  I think they would look adorable grouped together on a streamer for some birthday party decorations.  Aside from the decorations, my kids throughly enjoyed playing with the pinwheels for 2 days.  20 minutes at least were spent in front of the fan watching them spin!

Step 1:
Cut paper into a square.  The second time I created a pinwheel I used my new Fiskars Shape Cutter to trim a scalloped edge.
Fiskars Shape Cutter

Step 2:
Find the middle of the square and mark with a dot.  Draw a diagonal line from each corner towards the center.  End the line about 3/4 inch away from the dot.

Step 3:
Cut along the diagonal lines.

Step 4:
Fold over every other corner towards the center.  Using the straight pin, gather each corner that meets in the minddle, and poke through the paper near the tip of the corner.
Step 5:
Using the bead a spacer, thread the pin through the bead and stick in the pencil eraser.

5 minutes and you're done.  Enjoy. 
-Rose @-}---

No comments:

Post a Comment