Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Glitter Glue-Dot Easter Eggs

It's such a busy week!  Many doctor's appointments, 2 pre-schooler Easter parties (which I ambitously signed up to bring Cake Pops, because Nancy and Bakerella make it looks so easy), my toddler's 2 year birthday party and Easter on Sunday and I still have to work my day job.  Busy, busy -- but I still needed to have a little activity or craft for the toddler and pre-schooler party goers.  Fortunately, not long ago I was watching Valerie from http://www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com on The 10! Show and she was decorating Easter eggs with glue dots!  Genius!  Here's our variation:

Age: 2+
Time: 10+ minutes
Cleanup:  Glitter is always a little tricky to clean up.  But I never think a little glitter on the floor looks a mess!  Glue dots make the whole glue & glitter thing nearly mess-free.

What You Need:
  • Plastic Eggs (or real ones if you prefer)
  • Glue Dots (They also make glue lines, which would be perfect for Easter eggs.) 
  • Glitter (fine craft sand would work too)
  • Papper plates
  • Paint brush
Why I Like this craft:  Glue dots are so much fun to work with!  The cleanup is easy and the activity is easy.  I'm sure my 2 year old can roll the egg in glitter.  And since we're using plastic eggs - no gooey mess!

Step 1:
Pick out an egg.

Step 2:
Cut a strip of glue dots (or cut individual squares).

Step 3:
Adhere the strip of dots to the egg.
Step 4:
Pull off the paper backing.

Step 5:
Pour some glitter on the paper plate.  Roll egg in glitter.

Step 6:
Take brush and dust of excess glitter from the egg.

Step 7:
That's it!  My son and I did a test drive of this craft tonight.  This is keeper.  It's pretty easy and takes no time at all.  Plus, since we're using plastic eggs - you can use the next year!

Happy Easter!
-Rose @-}---

No comments:

Post a Comment