Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow Sculptures

Over here in PA it's SNOWING (yay!) on Thanksgiving. Immediately my son reminded me that we needed to build him a dinosaur I think we'll have to wait a little longer until we get more snow, but I just wanted to post some pictures of last year's sculptures.  I can't wait to see what we (me) will be building this winter.

Age: 1-100 years (with some help from Mom for the sculpting part)
Time:  This depends on the quantity and quality of the snow.  Each of these scultures took about 30 minutes.
Clean-Up: It all melts!
What You Need: Snow, Warm Gloves, Spray Bottle with Food Coloring/Water Mix.  And if you plan on making something green, be sure to add more blue than yellow, else your snow will look like a dog peed on it.  (See alligator picture)


He tamed the alligator.

We used twigs and pinecones for the teeth, claws, and eyes.
 
We were watching "Little Bill" on Nick Jr.  Little Bill and his friend built a "Snow Racer".  Here's our version.  My son's favorite part was spraying the car blue. 
Have fun!
-Rose
@-}---

No comments:

Post a Comment